Scoping Profile Redirect for a Web Application

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM
I am having trouble modifying the profile mysite redirect feature to be scoped for a WebApplication rather than for the entire Farm. I need this scoped to web app because we have extranet sites on our farm in which we do not want userdisp.aspx to redirect to our internal mysites.

I have changed the line to Scope="WebApplication" in Feature.xml, deployed and activated on the target Web App but the links do not redirect to the mysite, they continue to load userdisp.aspx.

It worked fine when it was scoped for Farm. Any ideas on how to get this working?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 5:43 PM
I'm not sure why this wouldn't work for a webapp-scoped feature if it worked at the farm level. Are you working in a dev. environment where you could add some tracing to see if the delegate control is being picked up at all, rather than just failing to redirect?

The other option would be to adjust the redirect logic to check if the current webapp is internal.

I'll do some tests of mine own when I find a free moment.
Apr 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Yes I am in a dev environment but I am not familiar with how to do tracing of the delegate control... could you give some advice?
May 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Were you able to find a solution to this problem?

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to test this yet. Maybe next week?

May 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Thanks Keith, I would greatly appreciate it if you would.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Any success finding out why this feature will not scope to a web app properly?